Sunday, June 21, 2009

WV is stealing my heart.




Well.... It is official. The teens are coming in today. Actually in about a 1/2 hour. AHH!!! All the work and prep is about to become worth it. Or so I hope. :D 

This will definitely be a short post BUT, I'll try to update later. 

This past week we had a "prep week" so it was full of cleaning, decorating, sign making, organizing, and praying for the groups about to come. I think we are actually ready for this. I will be giving my first talk tonight and each night up until Thursday. I'm just praying that it won't be me up there but instead, God speaking through me. 

This week was incredible though. We had some time to go out to some community members "Holler" and we had the BEST Chicken & Dumplings EVER! WOW! I felt like I ate a TON but nothing can replace a home cooked meal. And let me tell ya.... Lottie brought it. :D

Then I got to talk with Duane and we explored the WV hills a little. He is the one who carved me a SWEET looking walking stick and so I talked with him a lot about it. That day was probably the most beautiful day I have seen in WV and it was the most fun experience to sit out on the porch like a native West Virginian just enjoying God's creation while inside they all played the guitar and banjo. Before this trip I don't know how much that experience would have sounded appealing but here... it was a BLAST.  

In talking with Duane, he even said.... "Haley, you sure would make a fine country girl." 

Who would've thought. :D But it is official.... West Virginia is stealing my heart.

Oh yeah... and that picture.... I stuck arm and camera out the window while we were driving and that's the shot I got. Like I said... its beautiful down here. :D

2 comments:

  1. So glad it's going well! :) We'll keep praying that the kids are receptive and that God continues to work through each of you. He can do so much more than we can even imagine! <3 you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. points! sounds like your having a blast. Miss you pal. John 16:33. "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

    Love you Fred

    ReplyDelete